Application for allotment of New PAN (Form 49A) – applicable for Citizens of India
With effect from April 8, 2012, PAN applications are required to be furnished in the new forms prescribed by ITD. Indian citizens will have to submit their ‘Application for allotment of new PAN’ in revised Form 49A only. Foreign citizens will have to submit their ‘Application for allotment of new PAN’ in newly notified Form 49AA only.
With effect from April 1, 2012, fees for PAN application has changed to 96. (For dispatch outside India 962).
For New PAN applications, in case of Individual and HUF applicants if Address for Communication is selected as Office, then Proof of Office Address along with Proof of residential address is to be submitted to NSDL w.e.f. applications made on and after 1st November 2009.
Instructions for filling the form
1. Full Name
2. Abbreviations of the above name, as you would like it, to be printed on the Card
3. Have you ever been Known by Any Other Name?
5. Date of Birth / Incorporation / Agreement / Partnership or Trust Deed / Formation of Body of Individuals / Association of Persons
6. Father’s Name
7. Address – Residential and Office
8. Address for Communication
9. Telephone Number and e-mail ID
10. Status of Applicant
11. Registration Number
12. In case of a Citizen of India, then (AADHAAR)
13. Source of Income
14. Name and address of Representative Assessee
15. Proof of Identity and Address
16. Other Details: Depository Account
17. Payment Details
18. Signature/ Left Thumb Impression